- Manage regulatory matters and litigation.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and sales initiatives, and handle a wide range of legal requests from Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Finance and other functional groups.
- Advise senior management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and USA with regard to potential legal risks; ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in India and other West Asian markets.
- Negotiate and draft a variety of commercial agreements.
- Work with external legal counsel on specific matters ranging from litigation to expert advice requests.
- Bachelor’s of Law, Juris Doctor or comparable law degree.
- Licensed to practice law in India.
- 7 years of relevant advisory, regulatory and litigation experience within the intellectual property, media and technology areas.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently and idiomatically.
- In-house experience with a multi-national company.
- Strong negotiation and contract drafting skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Well-organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
- Sense of humour and commitment to professionalism.
20th century laws don’t always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for tackling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you’re a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you tackle unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
Legal & Government Relations
Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate about their lives as they are about their work.